What Is Oral Cancer?
Oral cancer is a progressive cancer that originates in the mouth. As the disease evolves, it can significantly interfere with the ability to eat, talk, swallow and even breathe. Common symptoms can include:
- Worsening sores in the mouth
- Chronic pain in the gums
- A lump located in the cheek tissue
- Sore throat that won't go away
- Persistent white or red patch on the gums, tongue or tonsils
- Extreme difficulty swallowing
Oral cancer symptoms can easily be attributed to other conditions, especially in the early stages. This makes the disease extremely difficult to catch early on. Identafi® allows us to quickly, easily and accurately spot the development of oral cancer before it has a chance to grow to a more serious stage.
Pain-free testing procedure
- No awful tasting dyes or solutions
- Light-based technology
- Testing in under three minutes
- Real-time, accurate data
- Reduced need for follow up biopsies
- Potentially life-saving results
Identafi® technology identifies biochemical and morphological changes in tissues that might lead to oral cancer in the cells of the mouth, throat, tongue and tonsils. Detection relies on high-speed, high-resolution optical capabilities that literally reflect the presence of cancer in certain body tissues. When caught early, treatment for oral cancer is likely to be highly successful.
Are you worried about oral cancer?
Do you have unexplained, constant pain and discomfort in your mouth? Contact us today for an oral cancer screening. Early detection is the key to a healthy future!Schedule an Appointment